Monday, February 14, 2011

Newspapers

To me, Newspapers are a dying media.

They seem to be an outdated form of communicating a message, and in the modern day, one that only targets the populace that is too grumpy to use modern medias. The simple fact is that blogs and the internet are beating newspapers without even trying to. Why would I read some stuffy journalists' opinion on the current state of affairs when I could read a Harvard graduate's thesis on the issue?

Papers that I remember:
Argus Leader - father worked there
Madison Daily - read it once

I have an interesting relationship with the Argus Leader. I grew up with my father working there. He sold ad space to business in the local area. On 'Take Your Child To Work' days I would be hustled around the office, looking at all the various workspace, but by far the most impressive thing is the massive printing presses. Our family has numerous friends that still work in the Argus, and the fact that their jobs' time is numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment